Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The saga continues...

I left off just telling about how I decided this was the trip God wanted me to be on. So now what do I do? How do I possibly raise $3400 to go? What will my family say? How will I tell them? There were 1,000 questions that surged through my head...although I can honestly say...I was concerned about money, but never felt like I shouldn't go. I think I just knew this was the trip I was meant to go on.

So what are the ways I fund-raised for this trip? You name it I probably thought it! Oh by the way, did I mention that Jayson was having to raise about $2800 at the same time. Let me just say...money is our problem...not God's. "What He favors He funds" that is what a friend told me and I can say now...that is sooo true!

God provided and then some. He used so many of my friends, co-workers and even a family member to help raise the funds! In my mind I wanted to believe people would step up and help me go...but to be honest, I know I was doubting it would happen that way! You better believe He did!!!!!

Some other fundraisers I did were: I have an incredible neighbor who taught me how to make some awesome hot sauce...so I sold that! I also did what I could when the church had fundraisers, I had a garage sale, and I sold suckers! There were so many other ideas that never come to fruition, but there are more trips to come in our future I can raise for!

I have a lot of stories to tell and ministries I want to share, but I want to tell it from the beginning. This was just the next step in this story and the next one will be the traveling involved to get there....whew!


ON A STATESIDE NOTE...LOL!!!

School starts for the kids on Monday.

Me usually the week before school starts:

is decorated...ready...lessons are at least on their way at worst!

Me this year:

blank room and what are lessons?..lol! Okay so I am exagerating on the lessons a bit, but not the room. I just sit in and look around and cannot think of what I want to do with it. It's like I have writers block for a classroom...ugghhh! I will post a picture of what I do when I finally decide and do it!

The kids are excited! I am excited! Ready or not here it comes!

Here's some pictures from Jayson's trip:






1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful. Thank you for the beautiful salad utinsil set. The carving is amazing! Love you : )

    ReplyDelete